1. All requests for commercial filming, photography or video productions on campus must be directed to the Office of College Relations, which is the only office on campus that can grant permission for such coverage and productions.
2. The College of New Jersey retains the right to approval of subject matter. Requester can detail subject matter in narrative or storyboard format. In some circumstances, full script review may be required. The College of New Jersey reserves the right to deny permission for any production for any reason.
3. The College of New Jersey requires a certificate of insurance with a liability limit not less than $1,000,000 naming The College of New Jersey and the State of New Jersey as additional insured for the time period that you are on campus. The Office Public Affairs must receive insurance certificate prior to the day of the shoot.
4. Location fees will be determined by the Office of College Relations depending on the size and scope of the production, and the number of days of filming. Location fees are in addition to expenses incurred for use of The College of New Jersey’s facilities or personnel, and such expenses will be collected by the Office of Public Affairs and distributed to relevant departments. Expenses include, but are not limited to, security personnel, maintenance personnel, grounds keeping, repairs, meals, advisory personnel, and other expenses.
5. Any production company or independent entity photographing or filming on campus must, in advance of production, provide The College of New Jersey with the full amount of the agreed upon location fee, which will be determined by the size and nature of the production. A damage deposit equal to a minimum of one (1) day’s location fee must be presented in addition to the location fees agreed. The damage deposit will be used to correct any damage to College facilities and/or to offset any additional location/staffing fees owed by the production company.
6. The College of New Jersey cannot be identified as the site of the film, photos, or video in any way. The College of New Jersey does not release the purchaser to use identified film, photos, or video for promotion and/or advertising in print and/or on the Web. The College of New Jersey may, at its discretion, promote the fact that the film, photos, or video were shot on campus with images and/or footage from the film, photos, or video.
7. In advance of production, any production company or independent entity photographing or filming on campus will provide The College of New Jersey with a specific plan for the production, including dates, times, locations, number of crew, size and number of trucks, parking needs, safety/security needs, power requirements, catering needs, building services/cleaning needs, and facilities needs. The College of New Jersey reserves the right to withhold permission to film on certain areas of campus if production will disturb the ongoing academic and/or social activities.
To make a request to film on The College of New Jersey campus:
Call: The Office of College Relations 609/771-2368